It's fun and easy to make your own salt water taffy. Enjoy our recipes below or submit your favorites!
This sugar free salt water taffy recipe is an excellent treat for diabetics or anyone else looking to cut back on their sugar intake.
1 Cup Of Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
2 Cups Of Splenda Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 Cup Of Fresh Cold Bottled Spring Water
1/4 Teaspoon Of LorAnn Natural Wintergreen Flavor Oil
2 Tablespoons Of Real Unsalted Softened Butter
7 Drops Of Natural Orange Liquid Food Coloring
1 1/2 Teaspoons Of Celtic Sea Salt
Serving Size 12
49 Calories Per Serving
3 Grams Of Fat
1. To begin the recipe first you will need to grease the inner sides of a two quart saucepan.
2. Pour into the saucepan the Torani sugar free vanilla syrup, Splenda granulated no calorie sweetener, fresh cold bottled spring water, and Celtic sea salt.
3. Heat the ingredients in your pan over a medium heat setting, stirring often until all of the salt and Splenda granulates have completely melted.
4. Bring the taffy mixture temperature up to 270 degrees Fahrenheit or 133 degrees Celsius, and do so without stirring. You can gauge the cooking temperature by using a standard candy thermometer. Once the called for heat level has been reached a gentle boil should take place.
5. You can now remove your saucepan from the stove, and then briskly stir in the natural orange liquid food coloring, LorAnn natural wintergreen flavor oil, and the real unsalted softened butter.
6. Once the three last ingredients have been added you will then want to stir the taffy until it’s creamy and consistent.
7. Pour the hot taffy into a thoroughly buttered one inch deep baking sheet then let the taffy cool for half an hour or until you can manually handle it.
8. Butter or grease your hands up then begin energetically pulling and stretching the taffy until it’s very tough and firm.
9. Roll out your pulled taffy into long half inch diameter strands, then cut out inch long pieces using a greased kitchen knife.
10. Wrap each taffy piece in a nonstick wrapper. You can fabricate these wrappers yourself with standard wax paper and some scissors, or you can buy premade wax nonstick candy wrappers from many baking stores.
That concludes this unique and delicious sugar free recipe, we hope that you enjoyed it. Please feel free to leave us comments and feedback below.